I've been largely missing from the CS website for the last several weeks and thought it was worth providing an update of my activities, both related to CS and towards my dissertation.
On the CS front, the DSLR team has finished an air-mass corrected reduction spreadsheet that is mathematically sound. We think it's ready to go main-stream and hope to have it online soon. We'll have a new tutorial for using this sheet. A while back Tom Pearson and I wrote an article on DSLR photometry and submitted it to a popular astronomy magazine. It was accepted for publication, but after six months of waiting for it to progress to publication we decided to pull the article and publish in a different venue. We are in the process of adapting the content for the new target.Read more